Friday, May 1, 2026

Nashville

 Our annual outing with Misciasci, Hays, Mader, Campbell and  X was to Nashville this time.  Our flight down was from hell. We left the house a 11:30 to drop Griffin at the Greyhounds, got to the airport before TSA had their lines opened, eventually passed through with no trouble but had to wait for weather.  And wait.  Big thunderstorms in Chicago moving to Nashville.  We finally got to the hotel around 5:00 AM.  

Of course, we had the Grand Ole Opry tour at 9:30 and the show that night.  Hear Riders in the Sky, Mandy Barnette, Christian Hayes, John Carter &Ana Christina Cash, Victoria Shaw, The Frontmen, Sister Sadie, Clay Walker, none of whom I'd ever heard of nor remember. 

Had dinner at Graystone? resort. A cold blossomed so I'm sure I gave it to Maders and more.

Saw Cheekwood Mansion and arboretum in Belle Mead and took a trolly tour of Nashville.  

No comments: